Joanna Colbert created the Gaian Tarot deck to embody a vision of how we can live more equitably with all skin colors, genders, stages and ages of life and with the earth. As a former born-again Christian, she touches on her story of how she left the church and came across the stories of the lost goddesses many moons ago. In the decades since then, she’s created a vibrant lifestyle as an artist and teacher. In today’s episode she talks about her journey to create the Gaian Tarot deck, and she also generously gives our listeners a tarot reading in the show! We also cover:
- Joanna’s connection with Brigid as an archetype of the divine feminine
- Changing the perceptions of aging to honor elders and all stages of life
- How the Gaian Tarot deck was created in response to the classic white, male-dominated decks
- Joanna’s biggest fear as she was creating the Gaian Tarot deck
- How tarot can be used for healing ourselves and our connection with the earth
- How sitting in circle changes communication
“Whatever your personal quest for wisdom or how you choose to apply it, my place here is to inspire you, to share the information with you that I have.”
- Learn more about or purchase the Gaian Tarot on Amazon.com or at http://www.gaiantarot.com/
- Learn more about Joanna and read her delightful blog at http://www.gaiansoul.com/
- Connect with Joanna:
- See the cards we talk about in the show here:
- Learn more about sitting in circle at http://www.thecircleway.net/
Have you listened to the Secret Episodes yet?! They're free!Get instant access to the free secret episodes here.
Giving Forwards & ReciprocityIf you've been nourished by the Dream Freedom Beauty podcast, please give forwards and support the show at www.Patreon.com/DreamFreedomBeauty. This is a user-supported show, and every dollar counts!
Help me reach the first goal of raising $300 a month. Xoxoxoxoxo Thank you! www.Patreon.com/DreamFreedomBeauty