Christi Johnson is a textile artist & designer based out of the Catskills in New York. She is the creator of “Mixed Color,” an experimental collection of handmade textiles and garments. Christi combines the process of natural dyeing and embroidered sewing with a grounded spiritual practice that includes invoking divine benevolent forces.
In this conversation, we dive into:
- What naturally dyed textiles and embroidery has to do with spiritual healing and intention
- Adornment as self-expression, each garment known as its own talisman
- Manifesting a move from the city to the country and a new way of life
- The backstory of how Christi’s shop “Mixed Color” was born
- How working with textiles weaves in with Christi’s ancestry and the history of sewing as an essential survival skill
- The profound impact of nature in connection to textile work
- Acknowledgment of shadow self through sharing emotions and personal perspective
- Living in the closet of spirituality and how to break through
- Invoking divine benevolent forces
- A peek into Christi’s “Aquarian morning routine”
- Advice for those who wish to manifest their own dreams into reality
- Get a copy of Christi’s mini zine, Illuminated Stitches: An Exploration of Symbolism and Ritual Expressed Through the Art of Embroidery here.
- Listen to the Secret Episode with Christi here.
- Learn about Christi and her upcoming workshops at http://www.christi-johnson.com and http://www.mixedcolor.net
- Get the full ebook and hand-stitched talismans at http://www.stitchwish.com/
- Instagram @mixed_color_
- Instagram @ChristiJay
- Stitch wish small-scale embroidery offering @thespiritualtoolkit