This week’s guests are Bonnie Rose Weaver and Mari Amend from the San Francisco Bay area. They’ve just released a book called Deeply Rooted: Medicinal Plant Cultivation in Techtropolis about growing and using herbal medicine in urban spaces. We talked with them about the multifaceted healing power of plants. In our conversation we covered:
- Making local herbal medicine accessible to a diverse multitude of people
- How herbal medicine reconnects people to their ancestry, the earth and each other
- Acknowledging the destructive events in history that have shaped today’s environment
- Looking behind the mask of whiteness for healing cultural wounds
- What stories does the soil hold, and who really owns the soil?
- Redefining what profit means to be something that benefits the whole
-Bonnie Rose and Mari Amend
- Buy the book, sign up for the newsletter & learn more about Bonnie and Mari at http://www.1849medicinegarden.com/
- Follow them on Instagram at @eighteenfortynine
Click images below to see inside the beautiful book!
Have you listened to the Secret Episodes yet?! They're free!Get instant access to the free secret episodes here.
Giving Forwards & ReciprocityIf you've been nourished by the Dream Freedom Beauty podcast, please give forwards and support the show at www.Patreon.com/DreamFreedomBeauty. This is a user-supported show, and every dollar counts!
Help me reach the first goal of raising $300 a month. Xoxoxoxoxo Thank you! www.Patreon.com/DreamFreedomBeauty