On this week’s episode we’re talking with mushroom whisperer Tradd Cotter of Mushroom Mountain. Tradd reveals how mushrooms and fungi are seemingly miraculous powerhouses that can solve some of the world’s most pressing problems. We talk about how to understand the needs and wants of organisms that use non-verbal language, and Tradd shares how he is growing mushrooms in a way that more closely mimics their natural environment while using less energy than traditional cultivation techniques. In this episode you’ll learn:
- The difference between a mycelium and a mushroom – and why it matters
- How we can work with fungi to reduce our waste as a society
- How fungi can play a key role in providing food, clean water and protection from mosquito-borne diseases in war-torn areas or in the aftermath of a natural disaster
- A couple of fun ways you can start partnering with fungi and mushrooms in your own backyard (using birds as stealth bombers)
- How commitment, observation and constant learning provide a solid foundation for your intuition to guide you in your life’s work
“Think like a mushroom.”
- Learn more about Tradd and growing mushrooms at www.mushroommountain.com
- Connect with Mushroom Mountain on Facebook.
- Watch Tradd’s videos about mushrooms on Youtube.
- Learn more about what a spitzenkorper is here.
- Learn how to make a spore print here.
- Check out this photo of a “gladiator” match between fungi and a fire ant.