In the second episode on our special Standing Rock series, we speak with Colleen Longo Collins, who shares what it was like to visit the camp with the intent of truly being of service. Please see the images below to read the guidelines from the Standing Rock orientation. Listen as Colleen shares:
- How spirit moved her to go to Standing Rock & what it was like to arrive at camp
- How newcomers are educated in the ways of the demonstration
- Why it’s important to be of service without bringing colonizer intentions
- What is needed for people of European descent to “unlearn and interrupt” settler habits
- Ceremony and prayer as the foundation of the resistance
- Ways to support the resistance no matter where you are located
“It just has to stay simple. It has to stay about the prayer, it has to stay about the peace, and it has to stay about the water.”
-Colleen Longo Collins
Orientation Documents for Newcomers to the Camp:
- Get in touch with Colleen here.
- Find out how to support the demonstrators at http://sacredstonecamp.org
- Follow and support indigenous media sources such as:
Have you listened to the Secret Episodes yet?! They're free!Get instant access to the free secret episodes here.
Giving Forwards & ReciprocityIf you've been nourished by the Dream Freedom Beauty podcast, please give forwards and support the show at www.Patreon.com/DreamFreedomBeauty. This is a user-supported show, and every dollar counts!
Help me reach the first goal of raising $300 a month. Xoxoxoxoxo Thank you! www.Patreon.com/DreamFreedomBeauty